Monday, February 6, 2012

Bliss!!!


Tomorrow will be 1 week on the raw diet. I have to say, it's been so much easier this time.  I've had some really rough days where I've felt awful. For the most part though, I feel great!

I am down 9 lbs.  The pounds I put on while we were on the cruise (yes, I did gain 9 lbs in 7 days. I had chocolate lava cake every single day, sometimes TWICE a day ;)), GONE.  I hope to never see those again.  Not even in pregnancy!

One of out favorite snacks here lately have been Bliss Balls (pictured above).  They are so filling, easy to make, and great on the go, it's been great to have them to reach for when I've felt starving.  They taste heavenly!  All my kids love them.  We've made these 3 times this week.  They are really great for after dance and karate, they really fill you up.

You can use any kind of nut to make these, but we use sunflower seeds, they are cheaper.  I grind 2 cups of sunflower seeds in the food processor till it's almost like a course flour.  Then I add in 3 tablespoons of raw coco powder (SUPER FOOD), 3 tablespoons of raw agave, and about 2 cups of pitted dates.  I pulse the food processor till I've got a huge chocolaty clump.  Then I break off little bits of the chocolate clump and roll them into balls. Then I roll them in organic unsweetened coconut flakes.

I have 100% given up coffee this time.  Last time I still had a cup a day, I am down to none.  I start my day with fresh juice (here lately, grapefruit with kale!! YUM!!) till I feel full.  The natural raw sugar from the fruit is enough to give me a nice kick start.  I start the kids off on juice too, though it's either orange or apple and carrot.  Depending on when we wake up, this might hold us till lunch, if not, they can snack on fruit.  Lunch lately has been a raw soup.

Liam loves raw veggie soup!

I love my vita-mix.  It can get raw soup warm just by blending.  You have to be careful though not to blend too long or it will boil.  You don't want that because it zaps out all the fresh veggies have to offer.  We like it just above body temp.

Raw Vegetable soup:

4 tomatoes, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 avocado
1/2 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp agave
salt 

 I double this and it feeds us all till we are full.

We did cheat last night.  My big kids were invited to a super bowl party and they were talking about getting to eat pizza, chips and dip, cookies, cupcakes, and other junk.  It had my littles in tears, it didn't seem fair at all that they got to go to a party, and GASP eat PIZZA while the little ones were only going to have salad and smoothies.  I felt awful for them, so I made homemade organic pineapple pizza.  We got into our jammies and snuggled while we ate and watched Bedtime Stories till they were asleep.  I am not the least bit sorry for this! :)  To them, this was much better than getting to go to a football party, and it really made it up to them being left out.

Jemima, my beautiful little girl.

3 comments:

  1. Oh your doing so awesome!!Love reading about your raw adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just back to say I am writing down your recipes on recipe cards because I have allergies which make it so I ant eat a lot of foods and my tummy agrees with raw best so I wanna try everything you post!!

    ReplyDelete