Saturday, October 22, 2011

Days 4, 5, and 6

I caught a cold.  It wasn't that big of a deal, just a slight sore throat and stuffiness.  Everyone but Jesse caught it as well.

Our dinner date was great!  We have finally found the perfect person to babysit!  Her name is Kelsey, and she's willingly agreed to watch my youngsters as often as I need.  My children adore her, so that's a plus too! So anyone in Lexington that needs a sitter, I'll give you her info, just so long as you don't take her away on the days that I need her! lol

I was 80% raw and still vegan on Thursday.  That's when the sore throat hit.  We had dance class, which was great for Jemima, but Kathryn isn't enjoying it.  They are dancing to kiddy songs and with stuffed animals, yes, that's perfectly normal for her age group, however she's just so mature it's boring for her. She loves dance, she dances around the house all day long, she just needs to be with older girls.  We go in for a fall festival tomorrow and I hope to get the chance to talk to someone and see if we can try another class.
Anyhow, with the sore throat and upset girl from dance, we decided on hot soup.  Bean soup actually, and it really hit the spot.  It was SO COLD out too.

Friday I decided to pack in the vitamin C and kick this cold.  I had 8 oranges and 3 grapefruits.  I felt great when Ryan got home and the kids somehow talked us into going out for dinner.  Whoops!  I had a headache and didn't feel like salad, so we did. ha.  We also went to Walmart to get a battery for my van and Kathryn wanted to get a doll with the money she had been saving.  Not just any doll, but the Tangled doll.  The only one this Walmart had!
Jemima did NOT understand that Kathryn PAID for the doll with her OWN money and boy did we have a melt down.  You have to know Jemima to truly understand this, she NEVER has a melt down.  She may be 2 1/2, but she's amazing and never has melt downs, she's a happy go lucky kid... This, Kathryn getting the Tangled doll (Tangled just so happens to be Jemima's favorite movie after Tinker Bell) and Jemima getting nothing broke her little heart.  So badly, she sobbed all through dinner, most of the way home (Kathryn let her hold her doll and that hushed her up till she took it back), at home and through bedtime routine, and then in bed... For a whole hour!!! She was just so sad! So we did what I swore I'd never do for a child just to shut them up... We got her dressed and Ryan took her to another Walmart (I live 10 minutes with in 5 Walmarts!) to get a doll for her.  She cried the whole way to the store till the doll was safely in her arms. It wasn't the spoiled brat yell "I WANT THAT BABY NOW!!" cry, no, she was sobbing as if someone killed her bestest friend.  Her heart was broken!  Needless to say, it was 11 when they got in last night.. That doll hasn't left her arms for more than a few minutes today.  She set her down when she had to eat, potty, shower, and brush her teeth.  You can bet the doll was right where she could see it though!

Today I woke up feeling fine, I was a bit tired, but otherwise okay.  We decided to go see Ryan's Mom and Grandmother who just so happen to be in the same nursing home. (Ryan's mom was just placed there... LONG story... she think's she's getting out next month, but I'm thinking she's going to be there for a long time)  No one had fevers, no more runny noses or coughing, so this was the perfect time to go.  That was nice. The other people living there were so sweet to my children, and the children really enjoyed being there.  I prepped them first, as they had never been in a home before.  I explained that the people living there didn't get visitors a lot, and they loved seeing children.  I asked them to say Hello to everyone they walked past and if the person wanted to chat with them, that they should respond.
Ryan's grandma has dementia and she didn't even remember him.  However there would be times she'd look at him and say "I know I know you, I just can't remember!"  She was so happy to see the kids though and we had a nice time visiting.  While she was hugging Kathryn goodbye she said "You are my first Granddaughter!" and no one had told her that before, so deep down, she does know us.
We visited mostly in the main room.  Many folks came up to see my 5 blonde headed blessings.  Jonah was a hit!  He grins at everyone and really showed off for whoever came over to say hello.  I let one lady hold him and that just really blessed her.
Jemima got a bit scared at one point.  There was this old man in a wheelchair that came over to talk and she was really friendly with him till she saw he had no legs, she started to cry and asked to go home.  I took her into the bathroom and we talked about it and I told her that man was just like Winter (Dolphin Tale).  He got hurt and lost his legs just like Winter got hurt and lost her tail.  She was okay after that and even walked over to him to say goodbye when it was time to go.
Liam is my most friendly child. He went up to pretty much everyone and said "Hi! I'm Liam! I'm 3 1/2 and I bumped my head a few days ago, but it doesn't hurt!" If the person was able to answer back, he would answer questions and then say "I love Bumble Bee, and Iron Man, and Spider Man, and Batman. Today Bumble Bee is my favorite!" He is the funniest kid ever. :-D
This was good for all of us.  If we are still enjoying good health, we plan on going again next week.
Bad thing was, I didn't even think about packing food.  By the time we left, I was so hungry I could have ate the food the nurses were serving there (and it looked YUCK!), so we had another cooked meal.  Let me tell you, it's HARD being raw when you are out.  At least I am staying about 75%  I hope I can be 100% tomorrow, but we have this dance thing, so I don't know.

I've lost another pound though, so at least I'm not gaining!  My hair doesn't seem to be falling out as much either.  I am at least being careful not to eat junk! I am getting better. My pants are starting to be too big.  So all in all, it's going pretty well!!  Being 75% raw is better than no raw at all! :-D

(I'll have pictures next time. Right now I am typing on my NEW laptop Ryan surprised me with and the picture program isn't set up yet!)

1 comment:

  1. your totally motivating me to try harder with raw.

    ReplyDelete