Friday, May 6, 2011

38 1/2 weeks!!!

It's gone so fast, I can't believe it!  I am huge. However, I look bigger than I really am though, being only 5'2", there just isn't a whole lot of room for the baby to grow. I grow them a good size too, so I am going to look a lot bigger than your normal 5'6" pregnant lady.

I admit, I did think for a few days in there that the ultrasound wasn't done right and there were possibly two in there because of my largeness, and an extreme amount of baby movement, but my very kind, amazing midwife assured me at the last visit that there is only 1!  I wasn't brushed off at all and she didn't think I was silly for asking. :-D  She really went over my belly good!! There is no way we could have missed it if there is another, and I really appreciate her taking the time to really set my mind at ease.   He's guessed to be about 8 lbs already.  So I am baking another turkey!

This is my favorite time in all my pregnancies! I know, that sounds really strange.  It's not very comfortable, but this is the most exciting! Not only can I see baby's kicks, but they are sometimes so hard it makes me gasp! "Wow baby, for such a little guy, how do you kick so hard?!"

Unlike most people, I wait till 38 weeks to really start getting ready.  I have my reasons for that, the main one being it seems time really does drag on if you set everything up at 25 weeks and have to look at it for 15 more. There isn't a whole lot I am able to do at the moment, so washing little clothes, sewing diapers, and laying out things for the birth really are perfect jobs for me.  I can no longer safely bend over and clean up the living room.  Not only am I at risk for falling, but I sometimes get dizzy or my legs go numb.  So I leave that task to the big kids and I go on with getting ready for our baby.  No, it doesn't look perfect, but I am sure not going to complain!!

I guess I have turned into goddess mode or something, because I rarely even have to ask for the kids to do their chores, they just do it! They know I can't (yes, I am that mom that made them stuff their shirts hugely and try to bend over to pick something up!). Even Jemima has stepped it up and has somehow figured out to get Liam to pick up toys! (he's my 1 child that will say "no! I don't wanna!" when asked to do something!) I also get an hour or two, to nap everyday.  I send Liam to the boys room, Jemima and I lay down in our room, and Jesse and Kathryn lay on the couch with either a book or a movie. Their choice.  As long as they are quiet, I don't really care which.  It works amazingly well!  I do not hear a peep from the big kids till I am up.

I have awesome kids!  I can't say this is as easy as my first pregnancy, but it is much easier than my second, third, and even fourth! Kathryn will notice my duck waddle (lucky for me, this only happens when I've over done it and my back hurts) and say "why don't you go take a bath, I'll color with the babies!" And she will do just that for as long as I need, no one bothers me, and I didn't even have to ask! I have it easy! I am spoiled! BY MY CHILDREN! :-D

One of the most fun things to do at 38 weeks is belly henna. Yes, I did it again! I had so much fun with Jemima's bump, I had to celebrate this mountain (it is a mountain next to Jemima's bump!) in the same manner. This one gets the prize for being the biggest, so we went all out and covered a lot of it in beautiful henna!


These were taken right after I had it done.  It took a little over 2 hours because I had to stand a few times due to my hind end going numb. :-D It's all shinny because of the spray that is put on to set the stain. I got my hands done too!  My good friend Jamie is the artiest.  I think she is the best in the business. I am starting to see a lot of henna and no one has come even close to being as good as her.  That and she knows me, so she was able to come up with the perfect thing for me.

I like this better than belly paint because it lasts longer.  You spend all that time painting a belly and have to wash it before bed.  Henna stays for about 2 weeks! Which is why I did it at 38 weeks, I am hoping it will still be somewhat there for the birth. :)

Here I am.  The camera didn't do the rich orange stain justice.  I have an okay camera, but it's not great for getting detail! (and this was taken by a 6 year old!)

My belly is about this dark in person, and my hands are MUCH darker than they look in this picture.  I love my hands!!! I keep looking at them and it makes me smile. I love my belly too, but it's not as easy to see as my hands.

 Jemima's bird. She loves this bird! She kisses it every morning and is begging for a bird on her belly. She gets to enjoy my belly henna the most because she is still nursing. She likes to rest her little hand on the bird for the whole time she is feeding. It is very sweet because the baby seems to like that and he likes to kick her hand. I can tell, these two are going to be very close!

The birth pool is set up, the birth kit is close by it along with all the towels it takes for a homebirth/waterbirth. I have about half of the diapers I need made up, and I've added a few outfits for the baby. I plan on finishing my diapers over the weekend and getting them as well as the clothes washed and ready. :) I would really like a swing, even though I do wear my babies most of the time, I'd like a swing for when I sew and shower. But other than that, we are ready!

Pretty exciting stuff!! We can safely meet out baby any day now!

3 comments:

  1. You're almost due!!! How exiting and how fun to have your belly painted...what a neat way to celebrate! And your kids are so good to you! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't believe how fast that went!! I love your belly art! And I'm getting excited to meet your little (BIG) guy too!! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me at 38 weeks: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AAicgLEnyYU/Sb3SfesvwFI/AAAAAAAACMo/ERAkKoU-J0A/s1600-h/PICT3449.JPG

    You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete