Thursday, March 3, 2011

WE GOT IT!!!!

It was placed on the market on Feb. 28.  Homes like this don't last more than a week, so I jumped on it the second I saw it on Craigslist.  I still wasn't very fast though because 15 other people called BEFORE me wanting to see it.  Somehow we were 2nd in line to see it in person. They had us back to back viewing yesterday and as we were leaving a sweet family of 4 was pulling in.



We filled out the paperwork in the car and turned it in right away.  Twice last week we found a home we wanted, but we were just a day or so away from being too late with the paperwork.

I couldn't even bring myself to think about it.  All day I'd start to wonder if we'd get it, but I'd push it out of my mind because I was afraid to even get my hopes up.  I wanted this house much more than I wanted the others!!!  But other families are smaller than ours. Yeah we may have been first to turn in the papers, but it still all comes down to the owner picking who he wants to live there.  Who in their right mind would want to rent such an amazing home to a family of soon to be 7?!

It's nearly 2500 sq ft, 4 bed rooms (I get a room just for my sewing!), 2 1/2 bathrooms, very open.  The laundry room alone is larger than the bedroom all 4 kids are sleeping in together right now.  We are living in less than 1700 sq ft, and I know there are people that have a family as big or bigger and are living in a smaller space... But this house is really an apartment, it's built strange, and we have no place what so ever to play outside. NONE.  There are too many cars in and out all day, too many people, it's NOT safe.  So we have to stay crammed in the house all day, the walls were closing in on us.

Also, we have peeping toms for neighbors.  I've caught someone across the street with some sort of telescopic peeping in on us at least 4 times already! 

My kids were sold with the yard alone! This picture only shows about half!!!

And it's all only 10 minutes from Ryan's job!!!

I was in the middle of making dinner (Ryan's favorite, we both had a hard day and I figured a nice meal would be a good way to end a bad day... so the bad ends with the day and we truly start fresh tomorrow!) and he comes downstairs with a goofy grin on his face, saying he had good news!  We were so excited, all of us had a hard time eating! :-D

We move next week!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Sarah, it is beautiful! I'm more than a little jealous. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awesome! Are you guys renting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This house is absolutely gorgeous....I am so happy for you all. You are very blessed. This is Carol Barker not Micah...guess it came up on his account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a awesome house! So glad you got it....what ajoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! We are looking for places to rent right now as well and I know how hard it can be not knowing what will happen! The house looks beautiful! The fact that it is close to Ryan's work is wonderful! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy for you!! Won't a sewing room be so cool!

    ReplyDelete