Friday, January 28, 2011

Pregnancy


In less than a month I will enter my 3rd Trimester!  I've got around 15 weeks left to go.  It's amazing how quickly pregnancy seems to go with your 5th baby.  I thought it went fast with my 4th, but this seems to have gone much quicker.  I have yet to get the first outfit, and yet to make the first diaper.  I am running out of time!

Little man flipped sometime last night and is now head up.  I am not worried, two of my other children flipped often.  I was really worried Kathryn would be breech at one point, she waited till about 10 days before she was born to stay head down.  I have been enjoying hiccups in my ribs this morning.  Strangest feeling in the whole world.

The whole family is in a state of nesting in one way or another.
  Jemima carries a baby with her everywhere she goes and she's been a lot more demanding of my time lately.  It's wonderful having a nursing toddler while being pregnant.  She likes to nurse laying down and she always seems to want to when I need a break.  I am pretty sure if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be taking breaks like I should.
  Liam is more calm, he isn't getting into as much as he use to.  I know this is partly his age, but I know he scenes change in the air.  He is also more demanding of my time. Again, this is partly his age. But Liam was the kid that liked to be left alone and just play by himself.  Now it's "watch me mommy!!" or "look at me mommy!!"
  Kathryn is super helpful! I'll bring up laundry to fold or start to unload the dishwasher and she'll come quickly in "let me do that for you, mama!"  She also brings out all her new markers and crayons from her birthday and gets the little ones making pictures so I can go tend to something else.  She is such a little lady.  She got a sewing machine for her birthday and is just itching to get started on some fitteds for the baby.
  Jesse is also way more helpful! I usually don't even have to ask him to do his chores and he just jumps in and does what ever is needed.  I haven't had to vacuum the living room in days! He is also very good at getting the little ones interested in a game or something.

They talk about a new brother often! They get into spats over who is the most excited.  It cracks me up.  Even Jemima chimes in "I'm cited!! my baby brother!"  They adore him before they even know him.  He is never going to be set down!

I am doing well! Sleep is coming easier. I feel good. Being pregnant is so much fun for me though.  This has been one of my hardest pregnancies, but I have still really enjoyed it.  Baby fever has hit hard though, I can't wait to see his little face and hold him in my arms. :-D

3 comments:

  1. I saw that you had posted it and wasn't even thinking it was about you and your family....i thought it was just an article about birth so as I read I started to recognize names and looked at the end of it and saw sarah and new it was you....i am a little slow sometimes haha. Great article tho....you are truly blessed. love, Carol Barker (if it comes up saying micah sent it he didn't....I just don't know how to get his name off haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're already in your third trimester either! Wow!

    ReplyDelete