Monday, January 17, 2011

Exhausted!

Jemima gave us a wonderful scare last night! She caught Liam's cold and had a fever. First time she has ever been sick!
I totally blame myself, we ran out of Colloidal Silver and I was too lazy to make some more.  When I see a cold or another illness come on, I start giving Silver to the whole family and that always stops sickness in it's tracks!  The only real illness we have to deal with is the stomach bug, but even then, we get such a mild case and it usually only lasts 12 hours.  It helps that I feed the troops healthy meals, but you can still get sick by careless people that leave their homes when they are sick! More so if you don't know you're being infected. Ugh, I hate germs!
Anyway. She spiked a 103 fever yesterday.  I had nothing in the house, so I put her in a warm bath.  She needed one anyway.  She played in there for about an hour (my girls would soak all day if I let them!) and then got out.  She had no fever an hour after her bath.  She then nursed and went downstairs to have dinner.  We ordered pizza and made plans to watch the last Hannah Montana.  Jemima drank a huge glass of water and a juice box and had finished a whole slice of pizza and asked for another.  I thought she was on the mend!  She started in on her second slice and then just falls over.  She landed in Liam's food and he started SCREAMING at her (these two fight like cats and dogs!).  At first, Ryan thought she was just doing this to pick on Liam, they had been at it off and on all day.  So he sat her back up and she fell over again. It was then I knew something was wrong.  I thought she had choked as she does not let me cut up her food, she isn't a baby!  Then she started seizing.  I ran for the phone and Ryan just held her.
Jesse and Kathryn saw the whole thing, scared them to death. Liam being such a boy and only 2 kept on eating and watching the show.  He didn't know anything was off till the fire truck pulled up and then he was at the window saying "wowie cool!!! a firetruck!!!"  Jemima had been gone maybe 5 minutes before he even asked where she was. SUCH A DUDE!
The EMT got here within 10 minutes, she stopped seizing within 1 minute.  Her color stayed normal but she was super sleepy and not at all happy we made her stay awake and was very limp.  This is when I relaxed.  Kathryn did the very same thing to me about 3 years ago when she was Jemima's age!
I had the EMT take her in (with me) anyway, because I knew they would give her some O2 and that does WONDERS for a kid that's come off a seizor.  And her fever had came back.  They were super nice, not at all like the ones in the town we came from!
Half way to the hospital Jemima perks up, sits up and starts checking out where she was... and then pukes up about half of her dinner all over me! The really nice EMT man calls the hospital again and asks for a scrub top for me to be ready too, I thought that was very kind.
We get to the hospital get myself and Jemima cleaned up and then they put some leads on her, check her BP, sugar, temp (boy that wasn't fun either) and then she puked up the rest of her dinner all over me again.  It was very gross, so glad she's my 4th or I'd have thrown up right back on her.  I use to puke at just the sight of it before having kids, now I can get covered in it and not even gag. :)
So we get her cleaned up again along with myself and I call Ryan (I need a shirt and new pants ASAP).  Jemima is then given Tylenol, temp is taken again, and they do a swab for strep and the flu (she had neither... final diagnoses was she had the common cold) and then she is allowed to nurse and falls right back to sleep.  About an hour later they come in with Motrin (this was the first time Jemima ever had modern meds... it knocked that fever in minutes) and took her temp again and she had to go potty and we played 5 little monkeys 3 times and she asked to nurse again and went back to sleep.
The rest of the crew gets there around 9:15 pm with my clothes.  It took them forever because everyone was ready for bed before this happened and Ryan had to get everyone dressed.  Then he gets almost to the hospital and it dawned on him that he forgot mine and Jemima's clothes, so he had to turn around and go get them.  Liam was sleepy and mad he wasn't home, the bigs just looked scared.  I got off Jemima's bed and Jess slid in and laid next to her and just wrapped his little arms around her and held her while she slept for a good hour.  Jemima and Jess have a very special bond, it's been there since she was in the womb still.  If I can't calm her, Jess can.
The ER was FULL last night, so I knew it was only a matter of time before they let us go.  They needed our room!  The main hold up is they wanted to do a chest ex-ray to make sure there was no fluid there (having a seizor can sometimes cause this) and there were 3 waiting in front of her.  They finally got her back there around 11pm and it came back clear, so we were set free at 11:15.  She had no fever when we left.
I was never once treated badly because of my parenting choices (we don't vaccinate and I treat Holistically) and they never even tried to tell me what I did was wrong/doesn't work.  I was respected! The ER doctor said "I'm guessing she sees a Holistic doctor if she gets sick, you might want to follow up with her in a few days, but I'm sure everyone is fine here!"  In the past when I've had to go in, I was treated like a complete idiot, disrespected, and looked on like a careless mother. So that was really nice!
It is not that I am against doctors and medicine. Not at all! I only believe it is highly over used in todays world.  Sometimes it IS needed, and it's wonderful that it is there for those times.  Any other time though it really isn't needed.
We got home and everyone went to bed.  Jemima slept with me and I woke up every single time she moved even if it was slightly, so I am exhausted.  I've not had much sleep in the past week in fact!
She had a good nights rest and was fever free still when she woke up this morning.  It's been a very normal day and you'd never know now she was so sick last night.  Gotta love how fast kids bounce back!
For the record, Colloidal Silver was made and everyone is on it now.  We've got a insanely busy week and I can't let anyone else get sick!  We have dance class all day tomorrow, cake class Wednesday, an ultrasound Thursday, Kathryn's birthday and trip to the dentist Friday, and then Kathryn's party Saturday! So I plan on staying exhausted till at least Monday! :)

Disclaimer!
*Please do not fill my inbox and send me links on the dangers of Colloidal Silver.  I have done my research for years and have been taking it LONGER than the blue man did before he turned blue. I also don't drink it like water as the blue man did and he made his with salt and fats... Salt and fats mixed with sliver are what causes you to turn into a Smurf,  not the Colloidal Silver in it'self. As I've said, I've done my research! To me, the side affects are less and aren't as likely to be experienced, than they are with your new modern day antibiotic. And aside from being blue, the blue man is enjoying perfect health! So, all that said, it is impossible to scare me, or change my mind on this matter. Colloidal Silver is amazing! And if it was as dangerous as "they" are saying, they wouldn't be putting it in your infants eyes the second they are born, now would they?*

5 comments:

  1. Scary stuff. Get some rest tonight, momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she is doing better. Seizures are scary! How do you make the colloidal silver?? I'm interested. Also, just FYI--I'm pretty sure that it is not common practice anymore to put silver nitrate in newborn's eyes--it is usually just erythromycin. Maybe they do it in some places still, but I think that's pretty rare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How scary! My brother did this the night my youngest brother was born, it was so scary. He was 9.. I think. Anyway, they never did really know what caused it. He had tests run, ekg, etc. It was just kind of a freak thing, he's 21 now and has never had another one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love using silver, too! Poor baby, glad everything was ok!

    ReplyDelete