Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Creative Wednesday

Wednesday evening's is one I greatly look forward to. I get to leave the house for two wonderful hours all by myself!  I started taking a cake class at Hobby Lobby once a week. It's something I've always wanted to do, and now that we "try" to be 100% gluten free, our bakery options are slim to none.  So I figured now was the time to get really good at this.  Or at least, as good as I can be!  It's fun anyway.
These first two classes I've not learned much, it's stuff I learned from watching my sister Rachel (who makes AMAZING cakes!) when we were kids.  Next week we start on flowers, which is the whole reason I started in this class and not the Fondant one.  I should have all the classes done before baby comes!
Last week we got to make stars on cookies and today we got to ice a cake.

Mine turned out okay. It tasted great according to the family.  It's not gluten free (I did NOT have the time to bake a cake from scratch today) so I didn't eat any.  Let's hope smelling doesn't make me feel bad, it sure did smell good!

The past couple days I've been working on pageant outfits for the girls.  They needed an outfit for outfit of choice for a pageant coming up this weekend.  Kathryn saw something on Etsy she wanted and asked me to make something like that for her. "Please mama, I'll do anything you say!" That sort of thing.  So of course I did!

(Please excuse finger smudges! Kids had the camera today)
I made the pattern myself.  I also made matching hair bows, but Jemima took off with them and I couldn't find them.  I will get pictures of these on the girls soon, they were in bed when I took this picture.
I think they turned out great though!   The best thing about making their clothes, they are made to fit them perfectly.  They look so sweet in them!

I've got an order for 15 diapers to finish by next week for a baby girl!  Not made diapers in a couple months, so I am looking forward to it! I also want to get a head start in making some dresses for the summer for my girls, as well as new baby things for our own baby. Kathryn's birthday is coming up next week and I want to get a doll made for her.  It's not hard finding things to do around here, that's for sure!


1 comment:

  1. I love the outfits! They are so cute! I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class too, but haven't got around to it. Looks like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete